Beverly Hills area dentist describes the symptoms of TMJPosted By Dr. Sanda Moldiovan
What is TMJ?TMJ stands for the temporomandibular joint. This is the joint that is responsible for allowing patients to open and close their mouth. The jaw joint sometimes malfunctions, during which patients may experience a variety of symptoms:
- Clicking and popping of the jaw joint
- Pain and discomfort around the joint and the muscles
- Discomfort from the ears down to the neck and shoulders
- Locking of the jaw in the open or closed position
- Chronic headaches or migraines
How to treat TMJTMJ symptoms can be addressed with a variety of solutions. At the practice of Dr. Sanda Moldovan, patients are often introduced to oral appliance therapy. Oral appliance therapy is a treatment that uses a special mouth guard made specifically for the patient to keep the jaw aligned and the bite in sync. Dr. Moldovan works together with osteopathic and chiropractic doctors because it is important to balance the head and neck prior to wearing a mouthguard. This therapy reduces the pressure caused by the dysfunction and reduces the tension in the area of the joint. Many patients see noticeable relief from this non-invasive treatment.
Call today for a visit with Dr. Sanda MoldovanPatients in and around the area of Beverly Hills, CA are welcome to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sanda Moldovan to learn about TMJ disorder. Her practice can be reached at (310) 651-6588 and is located at 465 N. Roxbury Drive #911.
- Beverly Hills area dentist describes the symptoms of TMJ
- Treatment for TMJ and grinding teeth does not require a procedure in Beverly Hills
Back to TMJ Home Page